Tuesday, July 24, 2007

06/27/06 - Comic - Digital - Painter IX

Believe it or not I taught a class on cartooning for high school students last summer (2006) at Berea College for a college prep program called Upward Bound. I guess if you do something long enough someone will eventually take you as some kind of expert (or as a wise friend said to me years ago: "In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king." Quite true Hemang, God rest your soul.)

They were a rowdy bunch and shook my confidence in my ability to teach the class - I won't do it again without a fixed computer lab (try handing out and taking up laptops every class, ughh!!). We created a blog and used Photoshop to computer color their hand drawn original comic strips.

As a demo for the class I created this little comic strip completely digitally using Corel Painter IX.

No comments: