Saturday, April 21, 2012

3/29/12 - Pen and Ink Studies

After having some of my inking weaknesses made apparent I tried some pen/brush/ink studies from a favorite source of photo reference. Have to remember and remind myself to keep rendering on the faces of women to a minimum (lines make them look old). I tried to erase the face in one of these (need to get an electric eraser as Bob suggested). Both of these were on one sheet of 17"x14" Strathmore 400 2-ply smooth Bristol board. Model is Ingemar Sorenson from PB 1975 March. Both images are 14" high. The first is all brush and the second one, with drapery is mostly dip pen. Times from start to finish are listed as well as tools & materials.


1:45, smooth bristol board,
W&N SS7 #2

1:45, smooth bristol board,
Hunt 102, Raphael 8404 #3
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you're very good. Your inking reminds me of Mark Shultz. Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

Unknown said...

I think you're very good. Your inking reminds me of Mark Shultz. Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

Unknown said...

I think you're very good. Your inking reminds me of Mark Shultz. Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

Unknown said...


I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.


ipcamera in boudh